Designed in-house by Phase One, the XF Camera System represents a fundamental re-engineering of all key elements in a modern camera system. With robust, aerial-grade mechanics, advanced electronics, a new autofocus platform, new modularity options, new software and customizable touch controls, this system is based on more than 20 years of digital imaging design expertise, a commitment to open systems, and a relentless focus on image quality. “Our key objective is to help the worlds best photographers capture more epic images, stand out as an artist and have fun in the process. Our new XF camera system is designed to be like a “Stradivarius” in the hands of an expert” says Henrik O. Håkonsson Phase One President.
Phase One has designed the XF Camera System to deliver its fastest, most robust and most expandable Camera System for professional photographers. Important advancements include:
- New Autofocus Platform – The XF Camera System marks an important milestone for Phase One — a new patent pending and fully controlled in-house autofocus system. The Honeybee Autofocus Platform (HAP-1).
- New Flexible OneTouch User Interface (UI) – Based on clean Scandinavian design principles, the OneTouch UI is a seamless and highly customizable combination of dials, keys and touch screens allowing photographers to personalize camera controls for their specific shooting requirements, via camera or software. Using a new modern Phase One Camera OS, the OneTouch UI is user upgradeable and will be shaped in accordance with customer needs and feedback.
- New IQ3 digital backs – The full frame IQ3 80MP digital back is the first of its kind to offer exposures up to 60 minutes using a new and Phase One exclusive imaging sensor. It joins the new IQ3 60MP and IQ3 50MP Digital Backs; all three feature a high-bandwidth interface that enables advanced tools in the new OneTouch UI including power-sharing capabilities.
- New Lenses ready for 100MP and beyond – Two new Phase One Schneider Kreuznach Leaf Shutter lenses, 120mm and 35mm, are both designed to resolve beyond 100MP. They enter Phase One’s range of 20 high-resolution medium format optics, including a dedicated Leaf Shutter range, a Focal Plane range, specialty and zooms, and support for 60 legacy lenses.
- New Capture One 8.3 – Delivering the markets best RAW image quality, 25+ advanced photographic tools and industry leading professional workflow. The new Capture One PRO is built specifically for XF and adds the possibility to customize XF camera system controls and delivers up to 30 percent faster tethered shooting.
- New Modular Viewfinders including a new 90° Prism viewfinder and a new waistlevel finder. The full frame solid glass prism viewfinder is the brightest of its kind, and comes standard on all XF cameras. The new waist-level viewfinder (an industry classic) can measure exposure thanks to the HAP-1 autofocus platform ability to perform light metering.