Leica Elmarit-S 45mm f/2.8 ASPH (CS)
Please allow 4-7 weeks for delivery.
The Leica Elmarit-S 45mm f/2.8 ASPH CS Lens is equivalent to 36mm in the 35mm format. With a moderately wide perspective this lens is ideally suited for photojournalism, landscape, architecture, and fashion photography. The CS version of this lens incorporates an integrated central shutter within the lens to benefit working with high-speed flash sync at any shutter speed, up to the maximum of 1/1000 sec.
- Wide-angle prime lens designed for Leica S medium-format digital cameras.
- Weather sealing protects the lens from elements such as dust & water spray and the lens barrel features a black anodized finish.
- Maximum f/2.8 aperture is ideal for low light shooting as well as greater control over shallow depth of field focusing. The electronically controlled iris offers selectable f-stops in half-stop increments via the click wheel on the camera.
- The included lens hood is dedicated to match the lens' light beam path and is retractable for easy transport and storage.
- The optical construction incorporates three anomalous partial dispersion elements, two high-refraction extra-low dispersion elements, and one aspherical surface element to minimize chromatic and monochromatic aberrations and provide sharp, high-contrast images.
- Rear-group type internal focusing maintains lens' overall length and offers faster, more controlled autofocus performance.
- A floating lens element moves independently to provide sharp focus from infinity to the minimum focus distance of 23.6".